Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Donovan Williams+ Morris Ricks | Artist Shoot

I was approached to take some pictures of local hip-hop artists Donovan "Vash" Williams and and Morris "Mez" Ricks for some promotional materials. These guys, while being young, really have some excellent lyrical skills and while I'm not a rap fan, I was still impressed. Apparently, their CD hits the markets in a month or so on a national scale and these guys are really busy recording their last 4 tracks at a downtown recording studio in Raleigh.

Once we setup, I only had about ten minutes to get them something they would like. Over the course of a normal two hour portrait session, I usually have time to warm up and analyze my surroundings to get the creative juices flowing. However, they had to be at the studio and I had to come up with something fast. On top of that, we did this photo-shoot on campus and as it turned out, we were caught in a break between classes. This meant ridiculous amounts of student traffic getting in our way.

The following two are my favorites from the small session that we got to shoot:





0 comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About This Blog

S2S Photography is a wedding and event photography company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Saad Syed is the head photographer and is available for contracting throughout the continental 48 states. 

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP