Friday, January 30, 2009

Movies and Networking.

This past week was a very social week for me considering I'm always working or taking care of school work. On Monday, my best friend Adnan finally found time in between his rotations to go see a movie. He's been working shifts from 4AM to 8PM on the burn unit with no breaks - yet my boy always finds time to call me after a 16 hour shift. Props where props are due. Anyway, we decided to go watch Slumdog Millionaire and I must say, it is jaw-dropping good. Honestly, it is easily one of the best movies of recent years. Since both of us are from the Southeast Asian subcontinent, there was a lot of imagery that we can bear witness to. While a lot of people who have no connection to that area found it entertaining, we saw it as a testimony to the reality of some places and people there.

The Perfect Wedding Guide hosts the monthly Professional Wedding Guild Luncheon and I was fortunate enough to attend this past Wednesday. It was a great opportunity to meet many of the local vendors, venue owners, and wedding coordinators. For those of you who are starting out, you HAVE to network - getting to know the managers of Embassy Suites on first name basis and having top notch caterers as fans of your work really comes in handy. In the coming weeks, I'll be posting dedicated blog posts about some of my favorite vendors in the area.

Alright, no pictures for today. I know, I know - been busy with school ... and something else :)

I have a HUGE business project in the works, and yes, all of you will have the chance to be a part of it... more information to come soon.

=)..

1 comments:

Anonymous January 31, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

what is this something else that you're working on?? and what are you busy with??

- concerned viewer =)


... ghi ghi

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About This Blog

S2S Photography is a wedding and event photography company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Saad Syed is the head photographer and is available for contracting throughout the continental 48 states. 

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP